I’m stuck on a Writing question and need an explanation.
1000 words max for each
these assignments are for two people in the same class.
For this assignment, write a critical review of one of the following books:
- Timothy Brook, Quelling the People: The Military Suppression of the Beijing Democracy Movement (Stanford University Press, 1998).
- Judith Shapiro, Mao’s War Against Nature: Politics and the Environment Against Revolutionary China (Cambridge University Press, 2001).
- Jacob Eyferth, Eating Rice from Bamboo Roots: The Social History of a Community of Handicraft Papermakers in Rural Sichuan, 1920-2000 (Harvard University Press, 2009).
- Gail Hershatter, The Gender of Memory: Rural Women and China’s Collective Past (University of California Press, 2011).
- Sigrid Schmalzer, Red Revolution, Green Revolution: Scientific Farming in Socialist China (University of Chicago Press, 2016).
- Guobin Yang, The Red Guard Generation and Political Activism in China (Columbia University Press, 2016).
I don’t have access for those books, try go online and find a free access
you can choose one book to write 2 assignments, or 2 different books to write (can’t be same points)