The Coca Cola Company Disclosures Review the financial statements and related notes of The Coca Cola Company in Appendix A.
1. What was the gross profit for 2004? The operating income?
2. What was the net income for 2004? What were the related earnings per share amounts?
3. What were the total assets on December 31, 2004? How much of this total were current assets?
4. What were the total liabilities on December 31, 2004?
5. What was the total shareowners’ equity on December 31, 2004? How much was deducted from this shareowners’ equity for treasury stock? What method does the company use to account for its treasury stock?
6. What was the net increase in cash and cash equivalents in 2004? How much of this was from net cash provided by operating activities?
7. Where does the company summarize its accounting policies? How are inventories valued and what costing methods are used? How are property, plant, and equipment depreciated?
8. What is the total of the lines of credit and other short term credit facilities available, and how much was outstanding on December 31, 2004?
9. What was the net cash used in financing activities in 2004? What was the net cash used in investing activities in 2004?
10. How many stock options were outstanding at December 31, 2004? What was the weighted average price per share for exercised stock options in 2004?
11. What was the net periodic pension cost of the company’s pension plan in 2004? What was the fair value of the company’s pension benefit plan assets on December 31, 2004?
12. For the third quarter of 2004, what were the (a) net operating revenues, (b) gross profit, and (c) net income? What were the related earnings per share for (c)?
13. What were the net operating revenues in Africa for 2004? What were the identifiable operating assets held in Latin America at December 31, 2004?
14. Who are the auditors of the company? On what date was the audit report issued?
15. What is the company’s internal control over financial reporting designed to do, and how is it supported?