University of Texas Art Piece Bowl of Fruit and Neoclassicism Capriccio Discussion FOOD ABOUT ART DISCUSSION
Chapter 5 organizes art about food into categories including:
Securing the Food Supply
Storing and Serving Food
Art that Glorifies Food
Art and the Act of Eating
After reading Chapter 5, go to wikiart.org to search for an artwork to discuss. In at least two paragraphs, describe at least two formal elements and one principle of composition. Follow the guidelines below before beginning your assignment.
1. Be sure to include the artist’s name, the name of the artwork and the year in which it was made. Describe its dimensions (how big it is) as well as what it was made of. Also, describe whether the work is abstracted, or realistic.
2. Use at least one to two paragraph to describe what category from the list above that this artwork falls under and explain how it does. Go to Chapter 5 in your textbook tohelp you decide which category your artwork best falls under. You may also use another source(s) aside from the textbook if you wish, but you must include a link to the website below your response.
2. Use at least one to two paragraphs to describe the FORMAL ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES OF COMPOSITION. Be specific and use language found in Chapter 2 of the textbook Being vague or unclear when describing the artwork is the easiest way to lose credit for this assignment.
3. Respond to at least one of your classmate’s posts in which you describe an element or principle that your classmate did not discuss. Again, remember to be specific.
4. Avoid discussing popular paintings that you knew about before taking this course. Take full advantage of the website and this course by getting out of your comfort zone and discussing a work of art that you have never seen before.
5. Include a link to the artwork or copy/paste the image into your discussion box so that you classmates will see the work that you are describing.
A photo will be inserted to be able to comment on another students response ! 2 months ago
Week 5: Bowl of Fruit o
This artwork named Bowl of Fruit, which was painted by Henri Fantin-Latour in 1857, is a perfect example of a realism still life piece of artwork. It’s dimensions are 46 x 55.6cm
and was made out of oil paints in a canvas. This piece of artwork best falls under Art that Glorifies Food because of the fact that we are able to see all this fruit on the table and
it’s practically taking up all the entire canvas. Because of all the fruit that is on the table, we are able to understand that this artist was trying to show the different kinds of fruit
with the help of the formal elements that the artist used like the texture and the color of the fruit. Another formal element he used was the shape, all these three elements
allows us to realize and vividly see the different kinds of fruit there is.
The value of the fruit and the shadows allow us to also realize that the are on top of some sort of table due to the fact that the artist used these principals of composition.
bowl-of-fruit-1857.jpg!Large.jpg (74.612 KB)
Purchase answer to see full