Are We Really Ready?
In 2001, the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) formed a coalition called “The Partnership for Community Safety: Strengthening America’s Readiness.” The focus of the partnership was to strengthen the healthcare community’s response to disasters. It brought together several healthcare organizations in an effort to work together toward this goal.
Choose an organization that is a part of this movement, and prepare a paper on the organization. In your paper, include the answers for the following points:
- A brief historical background of the organization
- The main purpose and the role of the organization
- Any regulatory requirements or guidelines, which the organization formulated for disaster preparedness
- Any experience the organization has had with the disaster response
- Any legal or ethical issues that the organization has encountered with regard to emergency preparedness
- Any training the organization conducts for emergency preparedness
- Any other issues found during online research
Research on the topic “The Dark Winter Experiment.” On the basis of your research and your understanding of the topic, answer the following questions:
- What was the Dark Winter experiment? Why was this experiment important?
- How has the experiment helped us today in dealing with an emergency response?
Combine your responses in 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document, not counting the cover page or the reference page.
Support your responses with reasoning and examples.
***ZERO PLAGIARISM, PLEASE CITED REFERENCES***