I’m studying for my Writing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
DRAFT SLO Common Topic Assignment
Improve: Critical Thinking, Communication (Writing) , and Quantitative Skills
The importance of addressing climate change as a duty of all citizens and inhabits of the planet Earth.
Climate change is a complex and complicated issue that causes polarization of society like few other social concerns.
1. Using your own cultural knowledge and social awareness, make an argument either supporting, or opposing the importance of addressing climate change. (Your cultural knowledge is made up of your beliefs, values, norms, religious philosophy, traditions, customs, and ideas).
2. Include in your argument at least 1 organization that supports your position. The organization can be a local, state, or a national organization. What are some of the values and beliefs that you share with the organization?
3. As scholars, it is important to remember, that to truly understand the different perspectives of an argument, debate, or discussion, it becomes essential to “take the role of the other”. To better understand this concept, include in your paper an explanation as why someone would feel differently than you concerning the importance of climate change. (Ex: Once you make an argument in support of the importance of climate, create a converse position as to why you think someone would oppose it!)
4. Current research data provided by the PEW Research Center illustrate that opinion toward climate change has changed over time. Please click onto the link to review statistical analysis: https://www.
Write a short conclusion as to which demographic would most likely not think climate change is important and why. Which group is more likely to see climate change as important? why?
1. Students are encouraged to present their position(s) in an intellectual and scholarly manner. Personal views are acceptable in the paper. Students are not to include: negative, offensive, or insulting concepts, terms, or phrases that is tantamount to hate-speech.
2. Students will upload a copy of their paper directly onto blackboard.
3. Students will use a scholarly research/writing format APA or MLA. (Students will be required to go to the campus writing center for assistance with the assignment. Points will be deducted for failing to submit the assignment in the required format discussed in class.