SUNY Empire State College Women in Leadership Research Paper Please complete the outline attached below if you have any question please feel free to research to me.
1. Term papers should raise a question or an issue that is argumentative which you discuss within the paper.
2. ESC has online writing help for guidelines on how to do a research paper. The student must review what a research paper is prior to writing the paper.
3. You research this issue or question and gather together at least 15 sources. It is preferable that you use some articles, as they tend to have more current information.
At the ESC website www.esc.edu/library. In the left column under Journals and Articles select Databases by Title. The best for Business, Management and Economics is Proquest.
When you enter your topic also click full text only and scholarly journals.
The textbook for the study is not a source.
4. Read all of the sources in order to form an opinion or support your position.
Select three main points to support your position or assertion. Each point should not come from wholly from one source.
1. Each main point should have three supporting ideas.
B. It is useful to take notes or highlight point you wish to use when you read.
5. Write your outline using the handout you get from the mentor. If you find you cannot fill out the outline you may be unable to write the full length of the paper.
6. Write the paper analyzing the information you have read. In the paper, your position should be clear from the points you make and the analysis of the question or issue you put forth.
You may have one and only one direct quote in the paper. The point is to see how the student synthesizes information.
7. All sources must be properly cited using the APA style. At the ESC library, under Cite Your Sources you can find instructions on the APA style. The link below can help with citation.
8. Each paper must have a bibliography attached stating all of the sources used in the paper. The bibliography should be in proper format.
9. The paper must be 8 to 10 pages double-spaced.
10. The paper must have normal default margins at be in 12 point font. Please number pages and put your name and the course name on the top page.
11. You must put your name on the front of the paper with the name of the study.