Research about Surveyors Follow the instructions in the attached file. Please use your own words and include references. Homework 1 (out of 100 points)
Suggested reading: Chapter 1: 1:1-1:13
From your textbook: Elementary Surveying: An Introduction to Geomatics, 15th ed., Ghilani and Wolf, answer the following questions:
· Surveyors analyze, design, and execute surveying and mapping projects which help to define the world in which we live. With the new technologies emerging in surveying it’s becoming more and more technology based but surveyors need the roots in understanding its theoretical fundamentals. Search the internet and write a four-page research paper on the new technologies surveyors are using, the need for surveyors, their role in safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of the public, their job opportunities, and how to become a licensed surveyor in your state. This is an individual assignment. In your report, you need to have an abstract (within 100 words) and a short conclusion (100-150 words) about what you learned from this assignment and how they might benefit you in the future. Make sure to include your references.
· The report should be submitted by each student in his or her submission box in Canvas.
· Use letter paper size.
· All text should be double-spaced.
· Left and right justified typing.
· Use the following margins: 1 inch on each side.
· Title and name should appear centered in bold near the top of the first page of the paper.
· Font: Times New Roman with a size of twelve (12) points.
· Major headings are to be aligned to the left with underlining.
· Leave one blank line between paragraphs.
· Figures: at least two, no more than four. Max size: 3”x3” (not included in the number of pages, place them at the end of the four pages)
Does not give any information about what to expect in the report.
Gives very little information.
Gives too much information–more like a summary.
Presents a concise lead to the report.
Less than one page
Less than 50% related
Completely related to the topic
Presents an illogical explanation for findings and does not address the presented topic
Presents an illogical explanation for findings and addresses the presented topic (less than 25%)
Presents a logical explanation for findings and addresses the presented topic (25%-50%).
Presents a logical explanation for findings and addresses the presented topic (more than 75%).
Grammar & Spelling
Very frequent grammar and/or spelling errors.
More than two errors.
Only one or two errors.
All grammar and spelling are correct.
One or two and related to contents
More than two and related to contents
One or two references not related to subject addressed
Five references but not up to the topic
Five or more references related to the topic
Not adhere to any style requirement
Adhere to less than 50% of the required style
Adhere to less than 75% & more than 50% of the required style
Adhere to more than 75% of the required style
Total out of 100
· Plagiarism is a serious academic violation, a student is expected to carry out, report, and present his own work. You are encouraged to read and search the library and internet for information, ideas, and resources. BUT YOU HAVE TO CITE YOUR SOURCES AND DON’T SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE.
· I will be using the Plagiarism-Detector software to detect any copy and paste action. If found that most of the paper is copied a grade of ZERO will be given.