Racists Side of Thomas Jefferson USA History Essay Your project is meant to illuminate the “counter narrative” — the story / or voices that are erased, not amplified, silenced or not often referenced. Choose one figure, event, or moment from the time period from our readings in Week 2 or 3. And then unearth the counter narrative that is often obscured, omitted, and not often told.
Purpose and Structure for the Written Part
1. Present the narrative and why you chose the topic
a. Establish the more often told or understood narrative — what do most people know about this topic. What did you know “before” doing this research?
2. The process of uncovering the counter narrative
a. Be sure as you uncover the counter narrative to record your own before/ after reaction. What did the process of uncovering this narrative do to your understanding of America? Your feelings/ thoughts? You must still use first person when describing the research process for yourself.
3. Define the COUNTER NARRATIVE in detail
a. Discover the counter narrative. Who is missing? What voices are not here? What aspects are undiscovered or withheld?
b. Be sure to include some sources in this part (these sources can be literature excerpts, critics, reviews, historical sites, or art).
● The project must have 2 page double spaced written component/ reflection
● You must include a visual component (Google slides/powerpoint/video/poem)
● You must use at least 2 outside sources
● Remember, be creative with this!
● Be sure to ok your topic with me first