When police officers start their shifts, one thing they must always keep in mind is the standard of their work. They may have to make a split second decision and regardless of the outcome, they may be liable for their actions. This is especially true in the area of misconduct.
- In a situation where an officer is forced to make a split second decision for example when in pursuit, what are the ramifications of that decision in relation to accountability that officer.
- Give an example of a specific situation where accountability for their actions may affect their decision making in enforcing the law.
Prepare a typed document that follows APA guidelines that includes:
- A paper 200-300 words in length, double-spaced.
- You may use your text or the Internet as a reference, but remember to cite your sources according to APA guidelines.
- Your response must be thought provoking, have well developed ideas and/or opinions, and should reference any supporting material from the text, lecture or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the syllabus.