OL 3051 Bethel University Memory Retention and Learning Optimization Questions This assignment involves responding to 5 questions. Each question must be answered with a minimum of 500 words and at least one peer-reviewed reference.
(1) Preparing to study is often as important as studying itself. Chapter 8 outlines the process of preparing to study and remembering what we studied. Research and discuss setting the stage for studying. What should go into this process? Discuss where you study best and what strategies you utilize to retain what you are studying.
(2) Chapter 8 outlines 6 steps involved in becoming an active reader. List and discuss those steps. Which steps do you see benefitting you the most.
(3) Chapter 8 outlines the role that memory plays in learning. List and discuss the 8 R’s of Retention.
(4) Mnemonics and the 8R’s of Retention are important memory tools that you can utilize to improve recall. Discuss 4 ways that mnemonics relate one piece of information to another.
(5) Discuss in detail 5 “Companion Strategies for successful studying.
The pages from Chapter 8 to follow.
Textbook Reference: Bethel University. (2014). Introduction to Adult Online Learning. Retrieved from https://www.betheluniversityonline.net