NURS 758 Howard College Biostatistics and Data Analysis Test Questions nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn NURS 758
Study Guide for Quiz 5
Quiz 4 covers Ch 2, Ch29, and Ch 30 (Polit and Beck Nursing Research) and Ch 13 (Polit, Statistics and
The student who is successful on quiz 5 will be able to:
1. List the steps in the process of research utilization.
2. Explain the hierarchy of sources of evidence for evidence based practice.
3. Describe the common barriers to research utilization in the nursing profession.
4. Identify the exposure variable and the outcome variable in a clinical question that is to be
addressed using a risk assessment.
5. Interpret a report of a Cronbach’s alpha statistic.
6. Differentiate between the characteristics of a simple research review and a systematic
7. Differentiate between the characteristics of meta-analysis and meta-synthesis.
9. Explain the advantages and limitations of meta-analysis.
10. Identify the criteria for combining research reports in a meta-analysis or meta-synthesis.
11. List and correctly interpret the effect size measures that are commonly used in metaanalysis.
12. List the steps in a meta-analysis.
13. Explain the process of meta-synthesis of qualitative research.
14. Describe the criteria used in different approaches to defining categories of meta-synthesis.
15. Understand types of evidence and evidence hierarchies
Purchase answer to see full