Negotiating for Your Employer
Due Week 8 and worth 150 points
Imagine that you have been put in charge of a large team that is negotiating a new employment contract with the members of a hypothetical multinational company. Employees are located in several different countries, including China and Indonesia. Your team members are also located in various countries. Your task is to design a negotiation strategy to deal with the negotiation issues involved with being a multinational company.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Examine the issues that might influence a negotiation within a diverse cultural environment. Recommend a negotiation strategy that would work best in that situation.
- Analyze the dynamics of multiparty negotiations and their role in your strategy.
- Predict potential for conflicts that can occur when negotiating within a diverse cultural workplace. Propose suggestions to mitigate these foreseen conflicts.
- Determine the benefits cultural conflict can bring to a multinational company.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the dynamics of multiparty negotiation and develop strategies to effectively manage the negotiations.
- Analyze the functions of conflict in the workplace and develop actions to effectively manage conflict and enhance operations.
- Given a negotiation requirement in a diverse cultural environment, adapt negotiation styles to accommodate cultural norms and differing negotiating norms.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Write clearly and concisely about negotiation and conflict resolution using proper writing mechanics.