I’m studying for my Writing class and need an explanation.
1.You need to find an article about mathematics (not learning math or teaching math) which needs to be from 2016 or later. No Yahoo or blog posts. Please cite your article using academic citations (APA, Chicago, MLA).
You should have 2 paragraphs, one to summarize the article and the second your personal response to the article.
Here is a sample of an article: tetrahedron packing.pdf
The length and content is representative. However it is from 2010 so it is too old for this assignment.
1) You will post your article and summary by 3/6/20. You will comment on 2 classmates’ articles by the following class session.
You can also go to the NYTimes, Washington Post and Scientific American. Or ask an MU librarian for assistance. Remember: mathematics as a discipline, not mathematics education or scores. Please look at the sample article on the Discussion Board. Email me if you have questions.
- What is the Ishango bone? its significance
- What is the fundamental theorem of arithmetic?
- Explain Euclid’s proof there are an infinte number of primes. Be able to give an example.
- What are Mersenne primes? twin primes?
- How are prime numbers used today?