In one paragraph supported by your text and other research, give your opinion on whether or not employees have the right to use social media to make negative statements about their employers online. Respond to at least two of your classmatesâ€™ postings.
In one paragraph supported by your text and other research, describe the criteria you would use if you were a manager charged with evaluating corporate contributions to decide whether or not to give to a particular organization. Respond to at least two of your classmatesâ€™ postings.
To complete this assignment, go to this week’s Final Paper link in the left navigation:
Final Case Analysis Paper The Final Case Analysis Paper should demonstrate an understanding of the reading as well as the implications of new knowledge. Your paper must integrate readings, class discussions, personal experiences, and implications for future applications.
The purpose of the Final Case Analysis Paper is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by describing your understanding and application of knowledge in the field.
Focus of the Final Case Analysis Paper:
The Final Case Analysis Paper should focus on real life and real time application of topics covered in this course; the uses you have seen and the uses you can envision.
Read Case Eight, Mattel and Toy Safety, in the Business and Society section at the end of the book. This case describes the 2007 Mattel toy recalls, which were in response to findings that several childrenâ€™s toys were coated in lead-based paint.
Write an eight- to ten-page paper (not including the title and reference pages), that addresses the following:
- Explain if Mattel acted in a socially responsible and ethical manner with regard to the safety of its toys.
- Describe what Mattel should or could have done differently.
- Describe who or what was responsible for the fact that children were exposed to potentially dangerous toys.
- Explain the best way to ensure the safety of childrenâ€™s toys and consider how the following groups would respond: government regulators (in the United States and China); consumer advocates, the toy industry, childrenâ€™s product retailers, and standard-setting organizations. Explain the differences in their point of view.
- Describe what you think is the best way for society to protect children from harmful toys and discuss the appropriate roles for various stakeholders in this process.
Writing the Final Case Analysis Paper
The Final Case Analysis Paper:
- Must be eight- to ten- pages in length (excluding the title page, references page, exhibits, etc.) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a cover page:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a clearly stated thesis or topic.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. That is, state your response to the content, either positive or negative, and then defend your position. If multiple options/alternatives/positions are present and are being rejected, you must also defend the reasons for rejecting an option.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis or topic and a closing paragraph that summarizes the main point or points of your paper.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
- Must include, on the final page, a reference list that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.