family law

| December 14, 2015

Does enlisting in the Army National Guard at 17 emancipate a child from his parents?

My 17 year old enlisted in the NJ Army National Guard while still in high school. He was splitting his time between my home and his mother’s home. He came home from the enlistment ceremony, announced he was emancipated and stated that he wanted to live with his mother only. In this case, I need to know if he’s truly emancipated because I suspect not. I also need to understand what my financial obligations are regarding child support. Do I continue to pay child support now? And then what happens when he goes to college? If not emancipated, can I enforce our current parenting time agreement stating that he splits his time between our homes?

Get a 5 % discount on an order above $ 150
Use the following coupon code :
family law
family law

Category: Law

Our Services:
Order a customized paper today!
Open chat
Hello, we are here to help with your assignments