Directions: Read, listen, or watch the media listed below then answer the questions that follow.Â Your responses should be at least 400 words and double-spaced.Â Be sure to incorporate concepts learned from this weekâ€™s module into your assignment.
Listen to the audio file, â€œDefending and Attacking Polygamy in Saudi Arabia.â€Â Click HERE to access the audio file.
Read the article, â€œLegal License, Race, Sex, and Forbidden Unions.â€Â Click HERE to access the article.
Watch the video, â€œSame Sex marriages and Families.â€ Click HERE to access the video.
Answer the following questions.
What different interpretations of family and gender roles are being voiced in the items you reviewed?
To what extent do these differing viewpoints correspond or clash with western notions of family?
distinguish marriage and family in a global and theoretical perspective.
- examine the family life cycle and the impact of family structure, class, and birth order on the raising of a child.
- evaluate diversity in American families and cross-cultural variations in marriages.
- analyze trends in divorce and remarriage in different nations.
- distinguish between the different perspectives on education.
- analyze problems in United States education and provide recommendations and strategies for improvement.
- explain religion and the core values in the United States and its reflection on society and the educational system.
- discuss norms and values encouraged and discouraged by the various religious systems.
- classify the different types of religious groups in the world.