Need an A on this worksheet please..
- Explain the difference between traditional subsistence agriculture, traditional intensive agriculture, and industrial agriculture (mechanized agriculture). When is each system favored?
- Why do people who live in overpopulated countries use plants (not meat) as their main source of food?
- Discuss some of the economic and ecological disadvantages of crop monocultures.
- Discuss some of the economic and ecological advantages of crop monocultures.
- What is the difference between broad-spectrum and selective pesticides? Which do you think would be the best environmentally speaking?
- What is meant by describing a pesticide as “persistent?” Why are persistent pesticides a special threat to the environment? Make sure you use term we learnt early on in the quarter!
- Explain how insecticides can increase insect populations.
- What are some of the advantages of using sex attractants, rather than poisonous insecticides? What about the “sterile male” technique?