Economics Essay Qatar University ?Transport and Engineering Essay Assignment Brief:
• The assignment is an essay covering macroeconomics and its relevance and application to the transport sector in Sultanate of Oman
• Macroeconomic policy is concerned with the operation of the whole economy. Macroeconomic policy aims to provide a stable economic environment that is conducive to fostering strong and sustainable economic growth. The key macroeconomic policy instruments include fiscal policy, monetary policy and exchange rate policy.
• The Ministry of Transport and Communications in Sultanate of Oman sets and applies Transport policy. There are many public sector companies and organisations that implement policies.
1. Critically analyse the key macroeconomic policy instruments that the Sultanate of Oman can use to achieve its macroeconomic objectives.
2. Identify and discuss how transport policy in Oman assists in achieving the macroeconomic objectives in the Sultanate of Oman. For an Oman transport company of your choice, show how these policies and objectives have been implemented in recent years.
Very Important Note:
Please note this is an essay – not a report. Therefore, you do NOT need to provide an Executive Summary, Contents page and other constituent parts of a report. Instead, have a brief introductory paragraph and then have separate headings for Question 1 & Question 2, and a final brief conclusion. All Tables should be placed in an Appendix and are not counted in the word count.
*** Words count = 1400 words.
*** In-Text Citations and References using Harvard style.