Use the information gained from the unit’s readings and search the Capella University Library and the Internet for information regarding effective health literacy. Consider how culture and diversity impact health literacy and reflect on the following questions:
- What factors should be considered to ensure effective health education efforts in multicultural populations?
- How does verbal and nonverbal communication affect multicultural communication?
- What strategies would incorporate interdisciplinary team communication skills in interactions with multicultural and diverse individuals and populations?
Your initial posting should be at least 150 words, and you must reference the work of another writer (either as a quotation, paraphrase, or summary) to provide support for your ideas. The source can be the course text, another relevant book, any assigned reading, or an article you find on your own through the Capella University Library. When you incorporate the other writer’s ideas in your work, use APA citation style to give credit to that writer. Remember that an APA citation includes both the in-text citation (the author’s last name and the year of publication) and the full reference for the source.
Review the posts of your fellow learners and respond to at least one. Your response post should be at least 75 words. In your response, you must do one or a combination of the following:
- Ask a probing question.
- Offer a suggestion.
- Elaborate on a particular point.
- Provide an alternative opinion supported with scholarly references.