Discussion Board DUE Monday 9/6 At 9PM EST Total of 6 short discussion board questions. DB 2
Chapter 3 Tools for Exploring the World: Physical, Perceptual, and Motor Development
1. Annabelle, a toddler, just started saying “mine” every time she picked up a toy. Her parents are worried that she’s becoming selfish and spoiled. What insights does Annabelle’s behavior provide in terms of her perceptual development? Should her parents be concerned?
2. What developmental advice would you give a mother whose 15-month-old is not independently walking at 15 months?
Chapters 4 The Emergence of Thought and Language: Cognitive Development in Infancy and Early Childhood
1. What advice would you give to a parent who wants to improve their 12- to 18-month old’s vocabulary size?
2. Analyze the consequences of a young child’s potential to confuse appearance with reality.
Chapter 5 Entering the Social World: Socioemotional Development in Infancy and Early Childhood
1. How might a preschool teacher encourage children’s play behavior?
2. Alissa is a four-year old with an imaginary companion. Should her parents be concerned about her social and cognitive development?
What role do cognitive factors play in the development of attachment relationships?