D2W2 Walden Cohesive response based on your analysis …See attachment for detailed instructions
** Due 48 hours or ASAP **** Discussion 2: Developing a Change Plan – Forming a Guiding Coalition
As a sense of urgency for change is developed within an organization, there needs to be a structure in place to manage the change. In the Kotter model, this need is filled by the establishment of a change management team composed of a variety of individuals with different competencies and roles. The composition of the key players in the change process is important, and while those with solid management skills may be needed, leadership skills are vital. These key players must align together in a coalition based on trust and common goals. A successful coalition is not necessarily composed of top management, but a blend of people within an organization—a selection based on position, skills, integrity, and leadership qualities that will garner the necessary commitment of the entire organization. Key players in the change process can exist at all levels of an organization.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
1. Step 1: Establishing a sense of urgency – see attachment
2. Step 2: Creating a guiding coalition – see attachment
3. Leading change management Retrieved from:
10 principles of leading change management (strategy-business.com)
Post a cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience. Be sure to discuss the following:
· If you were tasked with establishing a network for change, which types of individuals within your organization would you select? Why?
· Do these individuals represent all areas in your organization that would be affected by the change?
· As the change project evolves, it will be necessary to include key individuals from every level of the organization that is affected. Explain how you have included these managers and leaders in your guiding coalition.
· What challenges might a manager or leader face when enlisting individuals from diverse areas within the organization?
· What could be the consequences of not identifying key individuals or of not including individuals that represent all areas of the organization? What additional work would that then create in managing change?
· 3 – 4 paragraphs
· No plagiarism
· APA citing