Identify an organization that was involved in corporate fraud. Explain how fraud can be detected and evaluate the importance of teamwork and leadership in a fraud investigation.
For this assignment, research the Internet or Strayer databases and identify an organization that was involved in corporate fraud.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Based on your research, identify and assess the fraud that occurred in the organization and the impact it has had on the corporationâ€™s investors and creditors. Provide support for your rationale.
- Suggest how a financial forensic investigation could have detected fraud in the organization that you researched. Consider the risk factors, the elements of fraud, and the analysis of competing hypotheses.
- Evaluate how teamwork and leadership is an effective tool for financial forensic investigations. Provide support for your evaluation.
- Assess the role of research in fraud examinations and financial forensics professions. Give your opinion on whether or not fraud examinations and financial forensics professions can have long-term success without continuous research in the field. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the basic concepts related to fraud, including environment, impact, and the methodologies related to fraud examination.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in forensic accounting.
- Write clearly and concisely about forensic accounting issues using proper writing mechanics