I’m stuck on a Writing question and need an explanation.
Think about two people you know personally or two celebrities. Write a paragraph of at least 250 words that compares and/or contrasts them. Go beyond simple appearances to describe attitudes, actions, beliefs, etc. Provide concrete examples and details as support.
Purpose: To compare/contrast two people.
Tone: The tone should be positive.
Audience: Classmates who have never met the people being described. If you choose to write about two celebrities, assume your classmates do not know who they are.
- The topic sentence must be clear and supported throughout your paragraph.
- Your paragraph must use a point-by-point pattern.
- Before you begin writing, I recommend that you write an outline to organize your ideas. Doing this will help you write a logical, well-organized paragraph.
- You should use appropriate transitions.
- All written assignments should be mechanically and grammatically correct with proper punctuation.
- Your paragraph must be formatted in MLA.
- Your paragraph must be at least 250 words.