I need help with a Writing question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
The empirical research report is a document that informs the reader about the study conducted. This standardized document includes the following:
- Title of the Study
- Abstract (generally 150–250 words) Synopsis of the Paper
- Literature Review
- Results of the Study
- Summary/Conclusions and Recommendations for Future Studies
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Discuss in writing the structure of the research report.
- Textbook: Writing Empirical Research Reports
The structure of the research report is generally a standardized document. First, each report has a brief title that includes the population and the variables studied. Following the title is an abstract, which is a brief summary, no more than 250 words, of what is discussed in the paper. The next section includes the body of the paper, introduction, literature review, methodology, and results of the study, followed by the summary/conclusions and recommendations.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read Chapter 1 of your textbook Writing Empirical Research Reports.
- Write a one-page summary of the empirical research report. In paragraph form, discuss the following:
- The sections of the research report
- The elements included in the research title
- The minimum and maximum number of words in an abstract (according to APA)
- The three factors of citing the literature review in order
- The minimum levels of headings for the methodology section
- The location of the study results
- The location of the suggestions for future research
- Your paper should align with APA style, including a cover page, in-text citations, and a reference page.