You should base your responses to the following questions on the insight found on the following websites.
- Federal Express http://www.fedex.com.
- Statistics Canada http://www.statcan.gc.ca.
- U.S. Census Bureau http://www.census.gov.
In this situation, Federal Express has decided to open three new offices. One is in St. John’s Newfoundland, a second is in Miami, Florida, while a third office is in Surrey British Columbia. Please assume that they currently do not have operations in those cities. When using the Statistics Canada website, under the Find Statistics heading, click on Community Profiles. When using the U.S. Census Bureau website, under Data Finder, look at Population Finder.
Please answer the following questions:
- Please examine the demographic make-up of these three communities. What are the important ways that they differ?
- How much bigger or smaller would Fedex’s operations need to be to serve the local markets of Miami and Surrey? How did you arrive at your estimate?
- Based on the demographic data, how might Fedex’s workforce differ in Surrey and Miami from that in St. John’s?
- What might Fedex do differently to serve each of these three markets? In other words, how might it slightly customize service to respond to each of these markets?
- So what?
Please limit your response to this assignment to three single spaced, typed pages. Please cite your sources in the text and please reference them at the end of your assignment. Please end your write-up with one paragraph that summarizes what you think is the importance of this assignment.